Graphic Design Final Blogpost

Graphic Design Final Blog Post

My Favorite Projects

My favorite project to do was the vector illustrated project. What we had to do was trace over a choice of a family member using the pen tool, and shade in spots of the picture. In the end, we made a simple version of the picture you chose. The picture I chose was a picture of my dog. This project took me about 3-4 weeks to complete. The main challenge I faced was tracing over the darker/lighter parts of my dogs, and making those parts the correct color. The main skill I learned during the project was accurately tracing over pictures. Throughout the whole project, I always thought I was done, but someone would always tell me that there could be more shading. Others peoples advice telling me to do more shading motivated me to do extra shading, which would make it look less cartoonish. At the very beginning, I was going to do a picture of myself, but I decided to go with my dog instead, which I thought was a good change I made. This work, in my opinion, was the best graphic design project I made this semester. But it still could have been better. The main thing I noticed was even though it had a decent amount of shading, it still could have more. Also, the orange background wasn't enough, and I should have made some sort of horizon. 



My second favorite project was the infographic. What we had to do in this project was come up with a subject, research about it, sketch up some ideas, trace any pictures, and put everything into one infographic. My topic was about fast food restaurants. This project was our longest by far, taking us a little over a month to complete. The main challenge I faced was the layout of the infographic, because I had no idea how to lay it out in a creative way. Looking back at it, I feel like I could have came up with a better layout. The skill I learned while making this was how to take a bunch of pictures you made, plus text about your facts, and make a poster that is both functional and beautiful. The facts had to be easily seen while the poster looks nice. One feedback I took was making the colors, as my color layout was not how I originally planned. I wanted each square to be the same inside the circle, but I made the color different inside the circle, making it look much better. Another change I made was making 8 restaurants in my infographic, instead of only 4, but that would have been too crowded. Overall, I thought my project was pretty good. I liked how it turned out.



The last project I want to talk about was the typography project. What we had to do was find quotes, download a type font, and but it in a document with a creative layout and pictures. This project took about 1-2 weeks to complete. What I learned in this project was how to find a good looking font, and incorporate words with pictures. One challenge I faced was choosing the right font to match the theme of the quote. The main thing I learned was was how to align text and pictures. The main change I made was at first, I was making ones without any pictures. But, I decided to add pictures, and in general, it made the project much better. Some feedback I got was to add a border around my first typography to make it less empty, because it didn't have any pictures. Overall, this project looked pretty good. I liked the project in black and white way more than I liked it in color.

How Well I Used My Time In Graphic Design Class

Overall, I felt like I used my time productively inside of class. I definitely worked harder during the second semester than I did for the first semester. During all of these projects, I always wanted to be better at tracing, so I searched up ways to get better at that. What I did before I turned a project in was asked other people around me what I could improve. I always made little tweaks when they told me I had to improve. My dad with his company owns Adobe, so I played around with tracing people, and things like that.

Strengths as an E-comm student

One of my strengths was tracing over items, as I felt like my vector project, which was mostly tracing, was my strongest project. Another strength I had was projected management, as I feel like no matter how long it takes, it will be done. The last strength I improved on the most was how hard I worked. I was way better at working hard this semester than I did last semester. 

Need Improvement

Despite saying that I worked hard, I need to work on time management. I take way too long on projects, and I need to just work a little faster. I always redo things when I should just accept them. The other thing I need to improve on is technical skills. I just need to get more comfortable with all the tools, even the tools we talked about at the beginning of the school year. Those are just a few things I need to improve on. 

Conclusion

The main thing I loved most about this class was the people around me giving me tips on my projects. This class has made me way better in e-comm, and I don't think I could do these projects without people helping me out. One thing I would change is at the beginning of the year, I did not enjoy doing the video tutorials, and I would have rather did another way of learning the tools. One goal I want in e-comm is to take deadlines more seriously. I want to meet more deadlines. The last thing I want to say was next year I am going into SID, which is a video strand. I really enjoyed graphic design and I will miss doing it next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Final Blogger

Music Video Blogger

Ten Words